Pages

Sombrero de Chasna


With the Royal Wedding celebrations in full swing, I did the only sensible thing open to me, I climbed a mountain! Setting off from just above Vilaflor, I climbed to the near 8,000ft summit of Sombrero de Chasna on a cold, but mostly clear and sunny day. After an extremely steep start, the path levelled out to enable me to enjoy the superb views down to the south coast. Ragged clouds drifted across the slopes as I made my way to the caldera rim with the summit of Teide slowly revealing itself as I climbed. At the foot of the Sombrero, I scrambled up the rocky staircase to the summit for more views to the south coast and in the other direction to Teide. After leaving the summit, I walked to the edge of the caldera rim, which I followed above sheer cliffs plummeting hundreds of feet to the caldera floor below, before descending back down through the pine forests. More photographs from the walk
Sombrero de Chasna

No comments: